Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Grecian Brunch

I have had a sincere attachment to breakfast for as long as I can remember. Maybe it's because of the huge festivities that surrounded weekend breakfasts and brunches with my family growing up, or perhaps it's the near obsession everyone has with the bagels that come from northern New Jersey, where I grew up. Either way, as I got older and my love for Cheerios transitioned to one for Grand Marnier French Toast and my morning Juicy Juice became my morning latte, my morning ritual did not change. No matter how late I sleep in or what time of the day my first meal takes place, it must be breakfast food. With a class schedule that has me waking up practically in the dark and coming home when my roommates days are just starting, I can luckily manage to call this first meal of the day a kind of brunch. As of recently, following my first trip to Greece this summer, I have been feta-obsessed. This "morning"'s feta omelette paired with gluten-free toast and Orangina, another life-long love of mine, was the perfect start to my afternoon.





Breakfast soundtrack: Jilted Lover & Broken Hearts by Brandon Flowers, You've Got the Love by Florence & the Machine, If You Run by The Boxer Rebellion, New York City's Killing Me by Ray LaMontagne & The Pariah Dogs

 with love,




1 comment:

  1. Love the blog & am looking forward the hearing about some great breakfast places in Boston! The only problem is - I get hungry reading about the great food.
    Love you much, Mom

    ReplyDelete