Thursday, September 23, 2010

Les Oeufs au Chevre

While Steph’s attachment to breakfast is no doubt innate to her very being, my obsession developed overtime. I attended a boarding school in Pebble Beach, CA. Every morning, my three best friends would wake up and walk to the dining hall for breakfast. I don’t think I went a single day. I would always complain that it was too early and breakfast wasn’t worth it. After coming to college, I’ve realized the true pleasure that comes with a delicious breakfast. Two eggs over easy, spinach and feta omelettes, greek yogurt and blueberries, or even a simple bowl of cereal and some milk can really help start your day.  Stephanie and I are quite the little travelers. This summer, while she was in Greece I was in Montpellier, France taking French courses.  As she became obsessed with feta, I became obsessed with “chevre” or goat cheese. I’ve been putting the ingredient in my scrambles and omelettes ever since. This morning, I had goat cheese scrambled eggs and two pieces of part crack-wheat, part whole-wheat toast with butter. The bread is from Clear Flour Bakery in Allston, MA. Enjoy your day!


Breakfast playlist: Drink to Me Babe, then by A.C. Newman, Spitting Fire by The Boxer Rebellion, Everyone is Golden by Portugal. the Man




Stephanie S. 


No comments:

Post a Comment